The aim of the talks is to bring math PhDs together and give them an opportunity to practice holding presentations.
When? Every second Thursday 15:15-16:00.
- 30/11 - Felix Augustsson, Jul(ia)stök. MH:333.
- 14/12 - Jan Thomm, TBA. TBA.
- 7/9 - Måns Williamson, A unified analysis of a generalized class of nonlinear soft-clipping schemes. MH:227
- 21/9 - Olof Rubin, Beautiful mathematics done in a trench. MH:227
- 5/10 - Valentina Schüller, Divide and... fail? An introduction to coupling errors. MH:333.
- 19/10 - Jaime Manríquez, Mathematics in movies. MH:227.
- 2/11 - Magnus Fries, Eternal sunshine of a complex derivative. MH:228.
-16/11 - Ivar Persson, Jurassic Park - The old Machine Learning methods used before the 2012 asteroid. MH:332B.
- 24/01 - Ivar Persson, A method for 3D shape reconstruction. MH:228
- 07/02 - Olof Rubin, Best approximations in different settings. MH:228
- 21/02 - Germán Miranda, A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Nodal Domains. MH:228
- 07/03 - Jaime Manríquez, Mathematical-Ecological Model for the Evolution of Sand Filters (MEMES-F). MH:227
- 21/03 - Alejandro Sponheimer, Dynamical Borel–Cantelli Lemmas, MH:228
- 04/04 - Filip Winzell, Deep Learning for Prostate Cancer Diagnostics. MH:228
- 18/04 - Wilhelm Treschow, Floquet theory for dummies. MH:228
- 09/05 - Jan Thomm, Extensions of Quiver Representations. MH:227
- 23/05 - Armand Ley (University of Haute-Alsace), A gentle introduction to entropic optimal transport. MH:227
- 14/06 - Mårten Nilsson, One of Arnold's greatest hits. MH:228
- 27/09 - Emil Engström, Nonhomogenous Boundary Value Problems and Trace Theorems. MH:228
- 11/10 - Raul Hindov, Discrete Fourier uncertainty. MH:228
- 25/10 - Anna Gummeson, Towards minimal solvers for camera position estimation and triangulation using cylinders, or first class of computer vision and an application where we solve polynomial equations. MH:228
- 08/11 - Jan Thomm, Representations of Quivers and Normalform Problems for Matrices. MH:333
- 22/11 - Magnus Fries. My mama always said a matrix was like a box of numbers. MH:333
- 06/12 - Erik Tegler, Fantastic inliers and where to find them. MH:333
- 03/03 - Jaime Manríquez, Crash course in finite element methods. MH:227 (You can find the slides and the Matlab code here)
- 17/03 - Alex Bergman, Boundary values of power series. MH:228
- 21/04 - Frej Dahlin, Binary Image Representation using Complex Rational Functions. MH:227
- 05/05 - Axel Berg, Time difference of arrival estimation using neuronal networks. MH:227
- 19/05 - Felix Augustsson, Synchronization in the Kuramoto model. MH:227
- 16/06 - Samuele Sottile, Inverse resonance problem for Love elastic waves. MH:227